The internationally recognised European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Essentials Award is a great introduction to IT. You’ll evidence the basics of using your computer, the internet and email safely.
In a world where technology is ever-growing and is used in every industry, it has never been more important to have IT skills. The internationally recognised European Computer Driving Licence Essentials (ECDL) is a great introduction to IT. ECDL Essentials Award will prove your competency in basics of using your computer, the internet and email safely.
In order to achieve the ECDL Essentials Level 1 Award you will need to pass the below modules :
IT User Fundamentals
- Using a variety of software’s and applications
- Organise, store and access information on the desktop or in folders and files
- Follow and understand the need for online safety
- Carry out routine maintenance of IT systems, like updating your software and maintaining your drives and discs
Security for IT Users
- create user accounts and passwords to protect your personal data on the web;
- understand the risks of online communities and social networking;
- understand different types of malware and what they can do to your computer;
- prevent viruses getting onto your computer through spam email;
- avoid online fraud, like phishing scams;
- keep your network secure, especially when using wi-fi;
- back up data and recognise different portable storage devices like USB sticks and recordable DVDs; and
- understand how data protection laws work.
Using the Internet and Email
- send, receive and organise emails using Microsoft Outlook Express;
- use attachments;
- manage an address book of contacts or distribution lists;
- use instant messaging and internet conferencing;
- plan your social life by using the internet and social media to find information, organise events and buy tickets;
- use a search engine to find, bookmark, save and print information from websites;
- buy and pay for goods safely on the web;
- use the calendar and task manager in Outlook to plan events and manage your time and tasks;
- download useful software and use the internet to transfer files legally and safely; and
- how to be safe online
Successful candidates will gain ECDL Essentials Award in IT User Skills (QCF) Level 1 qualification.
You will be required to take 3 exams and each exam will be 45 minutes long.
You are required to complete the exams within 2 months time.
BCS ECDL Essentials Level 1 Award qualification registration fee is £60
Exam fee: £36 for each exam (3 exams)
Diagnostic exam fee: £20 for each diagnostics (optional)
To find out more about this exam and to book an appointment with one of our advisers, please call us on 020 7354 5655.