In a world where technology is ever-growing and is used in every industry, it has never been more important to have IT skills. The internationally recognised European Computer Driving Licence Essentials (ECDL) is a great introduction to IT. You’ll learn the basics of using your computer, the internet and email safely.
The ECDL Essentials – IT Level 1 programme is specifically designed for individuals that want to develop their computer skills to help them progress in their career. The internationally recognised European Computer Driving Licence Essentials (ECDL) is a great introduction to IT. You’ll learn the basics of using your computer, the internet and email safely with the IT Level 1 course.
IT User Fundamentals
The first course of the programme IT User Fundamentals will show you how to maintain the hardware and software’s on a computer as well as managing files and folders. The course will also teach you about adjusting desktop settings and helping develop a better understanding into the maintenance of the computer. You will learn how to:
- Using a variety of software’s and applications
- Organise, store and access information on the desktop or in folders and files
- Follow and understand the need for online safety
- Carry out routine maintenance of IT systems, like updating your software and maintaining your drives and discs
Security for IT Users
The Security for IT Users will help you to understand the IT security threats facing computers, so you can protect your data and stay safe. You will learn how to:
- create user accounts and passwords to protect your personal data on the web;
- understand the risks of online communities and social networking;
- understand different types of malware and what they can do to your computer;
- prevent viruses getting onto your computer through spam email;
- avoid online fraud, like phishing scams;
- keep your network secure, especially when using wi-fi;
- back up data and recognise different portable storage devices like USB sticks and recordable DVDs; and
- understand how data protection laws work.
Using the Internet and Email
Email and the internet give us access to a whole new world of online communication and entertainment. This course focuses on communicating by email and over the internet. You will learn how to:
- send, receive and organise emails using Microsoft Outlook Express;
- use attachments;
- manage an address book of contacts or distribution lists;
- use instant messaging and internet conferencing;
- plan your social life by using the internet and social media to find information, organise events and buy tickets;
- use a search engine to find, bookmark, save and print information from websites;
- buy and pay for goods safely on the web;
- use the calendar and task manager in Outlook to plan events and manage your time and tasks;
- download useful software and use the internet to transfer files legally and safely; and
- how to be safe online
This is an online self-learning and self-facilitated course only and in order to obtain a qualification, you must take and pass ECDL Essentials Exams. Please visit our BCS ECDL Essentials Exam section for further information.
Successful candidates will gainECDL Award in IT User Skills (QCF) Level 1 qualification.
The duration of this course will be 4 months from the day of enrolment. Learning account will be automatically closed on the end date regardless of the progress you have made.
If you wish to have further access, you must contact the Intech Centre and settle £60 per month. Please note that we can only extend once the amount is cleared, and we can only extend within 3 months from the course end date.
We reserve our full rights not to extend the course.
Self-funded, self-learning and self-facilitated online ECDL Essentials Level 1 programme costs £150.
Please note that no refund will be offered under any circumstances
ECDL ESSENTIALS EXAMS: Please note that the cost of taking the BCS ECDL Essentials exams will be separate. Please visit BCS ECDL Essentials Award section for further details.
FUNDED ECDL ESSENTIALS PROGRAMME & EXAMS: Please note that Intech Centre also provides government funded IT Level 1 (ECDL Essentials) programme where both the learning and exam will be funded, subject to eligibility criteria. Please visit our IT Level 1 (ECDL Essentials) section for further details
To find out more about this course and to book an appointment with one of our advisers, please call us on 020 7354 5655.
Please be advised that full cost of the course must be cleared and you need to bring your Passport or Driving Licence for the enrolment.