GCSE in English or equivalent qualification has become increasingly important for those pursuing work and/or seeking to go into further education. The Functional Skills English Level 2 qualification is a recognised GCSE equivalent* that will equip you with the desired knowledge and skills for your work, academic or personal goals.
Intech Centre is an approved City & Guilds examination centre offering Functional Skills English Level 2 examination in English and Maths. These qualifications are considered to be roughly equivelant to GCSE A-C and are widely accepted by the universities,education institutions and employers. Please check with the institution that you are applying whether they accept the Functional Skills English Level 2 qualification before taking the exam as we do not take responsibility or give any guarantee that they will be accepted by every single organisation or the course.
Intech Centre also provides funded training and funded examination. Please contact us on 020 7354 5655 to learn about Functional Skills English Level 2 or make an appointment to see one of our Careers & Employment Consultants to find out whether you are eligible for funded provision.
In order to prepare for the Functional Skills Level 2 in English test, we strongly advise you to visit the City & Guilds website and get familiar with the testing system and the questions.
- Please go through the Sample Tests to understand different styles of questions and how to answer them.
If you would like to brush up your skills quickly, please visit the BBC Education Section
City & Guilds Functional Skills English Level 2 Certificate
- Reading Exam – 1 hour 10 minutes computer-based exam
- Writing Exam – 1 hour 20 minutes computer-based exam
- Speaking & Listening Exam – Internally marked group based discussion and presentation exam
It will take up to 20 working days for City & Guilds to mark each exam and inform us. It will then take up to 2 weeks for us to receive the actual certificate after you successfully pass all the exams.
* Please note that all the exams must be completed within 1 month from the registration date.
‘The actual pass mark may vary slightly between assessment versions, to take into account slight variations in accessibility or difficulty and to ensure the standard of work required to achieve a pass is consistent.’
- Reading Level 2 – 25 to 28 marks out of 40
- Writing Level 2 – 30 to 31 marks out of 50
All the exams are privately funded and the total cost of the exam bundle is £300 which must to be paid in full before registration. If you are not successful on your test attempt, below fee apply for each retake.
- Reading Level 2 – £100 in cash
- Writing Level 2 – £100 in cash
- Speaking & Listening Exam – £100 in cash
Amount must be settled on the day, before registering for the exam.
* Please note that all the exams MUST be completed within 1 month from the registration date. There is NO REFUND on these exams.
Book an Exam
Please call us on 020 7354 5655 or complete the form on ‘Enquire Now’ section to book your exam.
Please note that you must bring your passport or driving licence on the exam day.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your exam start time to give us enough time to register your details onto the system
- Please bring a photo ID* such as Passport, Driving Licences, Biometric Residence Card or Identity Card
- Payment of £300 in cash must be settled on the day before the registration
- Certificate: City & Guilds Functional Skills in English Level 2
- Cost: £300 in cash
- Test Duration:
- Reading Exam - 1 hour 10 minutes computer-based exam
- Writing Exam - 1 hour 20 minutes computer-based exam
- Speaking & Listening Exam - Around 30 minutes
- Result: Marking may take up to 20 working days
- Test Days:
- Reading & Writing Exams Computer-based exam
- Speaking & Listening Exam - Group Based