In a world where technology is ever-growing and is used in every industry, it has never been more important to have IT skills. Microsoft Office PowerPoint module will help you use presentation tools on a computer, get to grips with basic presentation functions to produce standard documents, including; open create, save, modify slides, formatting, add graphics and charts, slide setup, printing, slide animations, presentation delivery etc..
Microsoft Office PowerPoint module will help you use presentation tools on a computer, get to grips with basic presentation functions to produce standard documents, including; open create, save, modify slides, formatting, add graphics and charts, slide setup, printing, slide animations, presentation delivery etc.. Once the course is completed, you will be able to accomplish tasks such as creating, formatting, modifying and preparing presentations using different slide layouts for display and printed distribution. The module covers how to move text, pictures, images and charts within the presentation and between presentations and how to accomplish common operations with images, charts and drawn objects, including using various slide show effects.
The PowerPoint course consists of 6 modules in which you will cover the following areas:
1. Using the application: This lesson is divided into two topics. In the first topic, Working with presentations, you will learn the basics of working with presentations. In the second topic of the lesson, Enhancing productivity, you will learn how to make the productivity of the presentation better by using a variety of enhancement tools.
- Working with presentations
- Enhancing productivity
2. Developing a presentation: This lesson is divided into three topics. In the first topic, Presentation views, you will learn about the different types of view modes available in PowerPoint 2013. In the next topic, Slides, you will be learning about the different types of slides available, understanding slide layouts and managing them. The third and final topic, Master slide, you will learn what a Slide Master is and what its functions are.
- Presentation views
- Master slide
3. Text: The lesson on Text is divided into four topics. In the first topic, Handling text, you will learn about how to add, edit, copy, move and delete text in PowerPoint 2013. The second topic, Formatting, you will learn about changing text formatting in terms of the font type, font size, the font colour and style. In the third topic, Lists, you will be learning about textual lists and making amendments to these lists, which may be either bulleted lists or numbered lists. In the final topic of the lesson, Tables, you will be learning about how a table is created, edited and various modifications that can be made to a table.
- Handling text
4. Charts: This lesson has been divided into two topics. In the first topic, Using charts, you will learn what the various types of charts are, how these charts are created and how they are used. In the second topic, Organisation charts, you will learn how organisation charts are created and modified.
- Using charts
- Organisation charts
5. Graphical Objects: This lesson is divided into two topics. In the first topic, Inserting and manipulating, you will learn how to insert images and objects in a slide. The topic will also comprise of you learning how to copy and move a graphical object as well as learning how to resize, flip, rotate and align graphical objects. In the next topic, Drawing objects, you will learn how to modify drawn objects and add design effects and learn how to group and ungroup objects on a slide.
- Inserting and manipulating
- Drawing objects
6. Prepare Outputs: The final lesson of the PowerPoint topic consists of two topics. In the first topic, Preparation, you will learn how to finalise a presentation. You will also learn the methods to add special effects to slides, so that a presentation becomes visually appealing. You will also learn how to add notes to a presentation. In addition to this, you will learn about the various output formats of a presentation and how to set these formats. In the next topic, Check and deliver, you will learn how to review your presentation by identifying and correcting spelling and grammar mistakes and proof reading the presentation. Finally, you will learn about the steps for printing a presentation in different formats.
- Check and deliver
This is an online self-learning and self-facilitated course only and in order to obtain a qualification, you must take and pass ECDL Exams. Please visit our BCS ECDL Extra Exams section for further information.
Successful candidates will gain ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills (QCF) Level 2 qualification.
The duration of this course will be 2 months from the day of enrolment. Learning account will be automatically closed on the end date regardless of the progress you have made.
Self-funded, self-learning and self-facilitated online Microsoft Word Module costs £60.
Please note that no refund will be offered under any circumstances
ECDL EXTRA EXAMS: Please note that the cost of taking the BCS ECDL Extra exams will be separate. Please visit BCS ECDL Extra Certificate section for further details.
FUNDED ECDL EXTRA PROGRAMME & EXAMS: Please note that Intech Centre also provides government funded IT Level 2 (ECDL Extra) programme where both the learning and exam will be funded, subject to eligibility criteria. Please visit our IT Level 2 (ECDL Extra) section for further details
To find out more about this course and to book an appointment with one of our advisers, please call us on 020 7354 5655.
Please be advised that full cost of the course must be cleared and you need to bring your Passport or Driving Licence for the enrolment.