In a world where technology is ever-growing and is used in every industry, it has never been more important to have IT skills. Microsoft Word module will help you to be able to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting and finishing small sized word processing documents ready for distribution
Microsoft Office Word module will help you to be able to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting and finishing small sized word processing documents ready for distribution. Once the course is completed, you will become competent in duplicating or moving text within and between documents and with using some of the features associated with word processing applications such as creating standard tables, using pictures and images within a document and using mail merge tools.
1. Using the Application: In this lesson, you will learn about Word Processing applications and Microsoft Word 2013. You will also learn how to open and create Word documents. You will learn about the different page view modes in Word 2013 and how to switch between multiple open Word documents.
- Working with Documents
- Saving and closing a document
- Enhancing Productivity
2. Document Creation: This lesson is divided into two topics. In the first topic, Adding text to a document, you will learn how to enter text, special characters and symbols in a Word document. In the next topic, Edit text, you will learn how to modify text in a document and use commands like Find, Replace, Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy and Paste in a Word document.
- Adding text to a document
- Edit text
3. Formatting: This lesson is divided into three topics. The first topic, Formatting text, you will learn how to apply and change the formatting of text. In the next topic, Formatting paragraphs, you will learn to apply formatting to paragraphs. In the third and final topic, Styles, you will finally learn how to apply pre-defined styles to text and paragraphs.
- Formatting text
- Formatting paragraphs
4. Objects: This lesson is divided into three topics. In the first topic, Table creation, you will learn how to create tables and insert data in tables. The second topic, Table formatting, you be identifying how to create and modify tables. The third topic on Graphical objects, you will learn how to insert objects onto a Word document.
- Table creation
- Table formatting
- Graphical objects
5. Mail Merge: The lesson on Mail Merge consists of two topics in which you will learn about how to prepare a document for Mail Merge and using various outputs of Mail Merge. This would include using the step by step wizard and inserting merge fields in the document.
6. Prepare Outputs: The final lesson on the Word course covers two topics. In the first topic, Setup, you will learn how to setup the Word document for printing by adjusting page margins and page breaks. The second topic, Check and print, you will learn how to proof read a document for spelling and grammatical errors, preview and printing a document.
- Check and print
This is an online self-learning and self-facilitated course only and in order to obtain a qualification, you must take and pass ECDL Exams. Please visit our BCS ECDL Extra Exams section for further information.
Successful candidates will gain ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills (QCF) Level 2 qualification.
The duration of this course will be 2 months from the day of enrolment. Learning account will be automatically closed on the end date regardless of the progress you have made.
Self-funded, self-learning and self-facilitated online Microsoft Word Module costs £60.
Please note that no refund will be offered under any circumstances
ECDL EXTRA EXAMS: Please note that the cost of taking the BCS ECDL Extra exams will be separate. Please visit BCS ECDL Extra Certificate section for further details.
FUNDED ECDL EXTRA PROGRAMME & EXAMS: Please note that Intech Centre also provides government funded IT Level 2 (ECDL Extra) programme where both the learning and exam will be funded, subject to eligibility criteria. Please visit our IT Level 2 (ECDL Extra) section for further details
To find out more about this course and to book an appointment with one of our advisers, please call us on 020 7354 5655.
Please be advised that full cost of the course must be cleared and you need to bring your Passport or Driving Licence for the enrolment.