A Maths GCSE or equivalent qualification has become increasingly important for those pursuing work and/or seeking to go into further education. The Functional Skills Maths Level 2 qualification is a recognised GCSE equivalent* that will equip you with the desired knowledge and skills for your work, academic or personal goals.
Intech Centre is an approved City & Guilds examination centre offering Functional Skills Level 2 examination in English and Maths. These qualifications are considered to be roughly equivelant to GCSE A-C and are widely accepted by the universities,education institutions and employers. Please check with the institution that you are applying whether they accept the Functional Skills Maths Level 2 qualification before taking the exam as we do not take responsibility or give any guarantee that they will be accepted by every single organisation or the course.
Intech Centre also provides funded training and funded examination. Please contact us on 020 7354 5655 to make an appointment to see one of our Careers & Employment Consultants to find out whether you are eligible for funded provision.
In order to prepare for the Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths test, we strongly advise you to visit the City & Guilds website and get familiar with the testing system and the questions.
- Please go through the Navigation Tutorial couple of times to understand the functionality of different items in the actual exam.
- Please go through the Sample Tests to understand different styles of questions and how to answer them.
If you would like to brush up your skills quickly, please visit the BBC Education Section
City & Guilds Functional Skills Maths Level 2 Certificate
One online exam which is 2 hours long.
It will take up to 20 working days for City & Guilds to mark the exam and inform us. It will then take up to 2 weeks for us to receive the actual certificate if the exam result is a pass.
‘The actual pass mark may vary slightly between assessment versions, to take into account slight variations in accessibility or difficulty and to ensure the standard of work required to achieve a pass is consistent.’
Pass mark is 42 marks out of 75
This is a private examination and costs £90 in cash for each attempt.
Amount must be settled on the day, before registering for the exam.
Book an Exam
Please call us on 020 7354 5655 or complete the form on ‘Enquire Now’ section to book your exam.
Please note that you must bring your passport or driving licence on the exam day.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your exam start time to give us enough time to register your details onto the system
- Please bring a photo ID* such as Passport, Driving Licences, Biometric Residence Card or Identity Card
- Payment of £90 in cash must be settled on the day before the registration
- Certificate: City & Guilds Functional Skills in Maths Level 2
- Cost: £90 in cash
- Test Duration: 2 hours
- Result: Marking may take up to 20 working days
- Test Days: On-demand online test